In 1962, Mr Anthony Jacques Scott began buying beer and soft drinks from wholesalers in Jamaica for sale to the general public in the Cayman Islands. Mr Scott operated the business from his home.

Jacques Scott Group Ltd. (“the Group”) was incorporated in the Cayman Islands in March 1972 under the name Investment Corporation Limited, to acquire the whole of the issued share capital of Jacques Scott and Company Limited (“Jaysco”), Cayman Wholesale Supply Company Limited, (“CWS”), Lorelei Import Company Limited, (“Lorelei”) and Little Liquor Store Limited, which companies were formed by Mr Scott between 1965 and 1972. In October 1979 the Group adopted its present name.

Since the acquisition of those companies in 1972 the Group has diversified and expanded from wines, spirits and beers to frozen and dry foods, juices, soft drinks, tobacco, fresh produce, restaurant equipment and associated lines.

The main business of the Group is the wholesale and retail sale of products to hotels, restaurants, licensed premises, in-bond outlets, supermarkets, gas stations and grocery stores throughout the Cayman Islands.

The main warehouses and distribution centre in George Town, Grand Cayman are well situated, have easy access both for receiving and distributing supplies and are mechanised to ensure efficient and low cost handling of goods. The warehouses include a cold storage facility.

In 1977, the Company acquired Graham Thompson & Associates Ltd. (“GTA”) liquor and beer distributors in the Cayman Islands. In 1990 GTA’s name was changed to Jacques Scott (Retail) Ltd. which now acts as the holding company for all of the Group’s retail liquor stores.

In 1993, the Company acquired a controlling interest in The Wine Cellar Ltd., a distributor and retailer of fine wines, soft drinks and gourmet foods. In 1995, the Group acquired all the remaining shares in The Wine Cellar Ltd.

In May 1997, the Group acquired 60% of the shares in Caymania Airport Duty Free Ltd., which operated two stores at Owen Roberts International Airport, including the largest of the in-bond stores in the departure lounge. In 1999 the Group acquired the remaining 40% of Caymania Airport Duty Free Ltd.

In March 1999, the Company acquired 60% of the shares in Island Supply Company Ltd., which operates as a wholesaler of food (fresh, frozen and dry) and supplies restaurant equipment to the hotel and restaurant trade. All of the Company’s frozen food business has been transferred to Island Supply Company Ltd.

In 2003, the Group entered into a joint venture agreement with Island Companies Ltd (now Blackbeard’s Trading Company Ltd), one of the largest duty free operators in the Cayman Islands. This joint venture retails duty free alcoholic beverages at the Group’s airport location and at four stores located close to the cruise ship landings in George Town, Grand Cayman.

In summary, the Group now consists of five main divisions – Jacques Scott Beverage Division, Jacques Scott Food and Tobacco Division, Jacques Scott (Retail) Ltd, The Wine Cellar Ltd, and Island Supply Company Ltd.